Hello, I am a student of BANGLADESH UNIVERSITY OF TEXTILE - BUTEX. If you want to study in BUTEX or you are a newly enrolled student, you should read this post to learn about some few things about it. This will help you when you come to the campus of BUTEX.
If you are from outside of Dhaka, read this section to know how to get to the university campus. If you are from Chittagong or Comilla, you should first get to the Syedabad Bus Station. Then you can take a bus from there to the Sathrasta Mor Bus Stop. Then you can walk to the university campus without any worries. Ask around a few people if you fear getting lost.
Like other public universities, it provides dorms / halls for students. There are three halls for boys (Aziz Hall, Osmani Hall and Syed Nazrul Hall) and a single hall for girls (Sheikh Hasina Hall). Around 1000 students stay here. After admission, it will take around eight months to get approval for halls.
If you can’t get accommodation in halls, you should look for a place to stay near the campus. For boys, messes near the campus is a cost effective choice. There are messes for girls too.
Faculties and departments in BUTEX
Faculty of Textile Engineering
- Department of Yarn Engineering.
- Department of Fabric Engineering.
Faculty of Textile Chemicals Engineering
- Department of Wet Process Engineering.
- Department of Dyes and Chemicals Engineering.
- Department of Environmental Science & Engineering.
Faculty of Fashion Design & Apparel Engineering
- Department of Apparel Engineering.
- Department of Textile Fashion and Design.
Faculty of Textile Management & Business Studies
- Department of Textile Engineering Management.
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering. (IPE)
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Department of Textile Machinery Design & Maintenance.